What H.O.P.E. has accomplished
Since November, 1999, H.O.P.E. has done approximately 15 trips working with over 55 volunteers (most of them repeaters). Volunteers work for a week to provide medical care, education on environment and health, and small construction projects. H.O.P.E. has served over 6500 children and adults during the past 15 years.
Here are a few of our past trip activities:
- building bathrooms with functioning toilets,
- providing materials and working on new roofs for the brick factory (which was the main source of income for the community),
- putting a roof on a single mother’s home.
- painted the school house and provided medical assistance and dental care to the villagers. All the children received preventative dental care, while some needed extractions, which was done in the two-room school house.
- shampooed approximately 45 children for nits.
A couple of the board members made a trip to Honduras this past October, 2014. We had another two day medical/dental brigade. We worked with over 6 doctors, dentists and assistants to see children and adults for their medical and dental needs. It was a great success!
Our Current Project – With Your Help
2011 -The board met with the primary school head master and the Parent-Teacher Association to the primary school to discuss assistance for their most immediate needs, besides the medical care and educational needs. The school’s long term dream was to have a library for the children.
We have raised enough money to begin the library this April – 2016. We will continue our fund raising efforts until we have the amount needed to complete the library/community building. Please consider a donation to this beneficial cause to educate the children in Honduras.
How you can help:
- Make a monetary donation through Paypal.
- Go to Amazonsmile.com for all purchases.click on charity of choice “Helping Others Prospers Everyone, Inc.”. Cost nothing extra to you and HOPE gets a percentage of the sales.
- Become a sponsor. Company sponsorships of money, services or materials are greatly appreciated.
- Become a volunteer. Come with us to Central America and learn how Helping Others Prospers Everyone.
Because we are a 501(c)(3) organization, all donations are tax-deductible.
Monetary donations may be made through PayPal. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org about making other types of dontations, volunteering or sponsorships.